The “Come to Jesus Meeting” is a phrase used to describe an unpleasant event where you are forced to face the hard truth.
I like to see it from a positive perspective.
To me, it’s where you realize that you are on the wrong path and must completely change your mindset to achieve want you want out of life. It’s not as simple as deciding that you need to buy this new marketing tool.
It’s more like realizing that your own B.S. excuses are the only thing that stands between you and your goals.
I feel so strongly about it because I have been there too.
Many moons ago, I wanted to succeed with content marketing. Writing emails, blog posts, online ads and social media content that drives inbound calls.
However, I didn’t do it for years because I kept telling myself these very things.
- You are not a writer
- No one is going to read your work
- You hated writing papers more than anything else in school
- No one cares what you have to say
- You were the worst English and literature student
- Where are you going to find things to write about
- You don’t have anything important to say
- Math and Science were your best subjects stupid
- There is too much on the internet to consume already
- You are not creative
- No one engages with your content now
- This is a job for someone else
- People don’t buy from email
- Email is dead
- Blogs are dead
- You’re an idiot thinking this will work for you
- No one cares about your opinion
- No one cares about you
I told myself these lies so often that I began to believe them. Even when I first started, I looked for ways to sabotage myself. I would discount every good thing said and focus on the one negative comment. Even if it were not truthful.
Then something amazing happened. I had my own “Come to Jesus” moment and have never looked back.
If you suffer from telling yourself the same thing that I did, then this book is for you.
You’ll learn about my story, how I overcame these lies, and the exact marketing system that I still use to this day. The best part about the system is how simple it is to do.
If you are still not ready to commit, hit reply and tell me what’s holding you back.